Thursday, May 17, 2012

Randomness

I know it seems like I have had problems moving on from what happened... and I did, big ones. My mom and I used to have screaming matches and fist fights, and I'm not saying this to brag or look for sympathy. I'm saying this because it's true. She married my Sister's Dad and he was abusive to us both, and my Mom was abusive. I was probably about 15 when she kicked him out for the last time. I don't even know if I was living at home or with my grandparents at that time. My Mother and I to this day do not have the best relationship. I am trying to forgive and move on, she tries to pretend it never happened. The sad thing is, she hasn't changed and still acts like a dipshit bad parent. The thing that makes it worse is that now she is doing it to my sister and my son. That is where I draw the line. She now lives across the hall from us and I can tell you she sees my son for about 2-3 hours a month, unless she asks to take him for a day when he's on vacation. And after that one day it's another week or so before she sees him again.... Why? you may ask, because her best friends family is WAY more important than her own. (She had to rent out her condo and move in with her best friend....at 53 years of age, nice huh?) My sister tried to kill herself a few years ago, my mother had actually taken Mason for the day when my sister friend called me to say he got a text from her saying goodbye. I texted my Mom and she told me that they were already in the town where her friends family lives and to let her know how my sister is...... are you fucking kidding me?!?!? Pardon my language but who the hell says that?! I figured I would have gotten a response to meet her at the hospital so I can take Mason home and she will be there with my sister, but oh no, not our mother of the year. When Mason was 2 we were at my grandpa's house swimming and she said she was getting out and Mason wanted to get out too. After they got out Mason started running toward the pool again so my Mom got up and started running after him. Well wet clumsy feet on grass don't mix and she fell and broke her foot in 3 places. I felt terrible, she had to have surgery and get a plate put in her foot. Then a year or so later had to get it removed because her body was rejecting it. She told my son a year ago that HE broke her foot!! Really?! who does that?? Okay so those are just some thing I have had to forgive and deal with, there are MANY more issues but those are a preview. I don't know, I'm trying but as I said she does not make it easy at all. Have a good night friends ~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment